The focus of the Division of Nephrology in the Department of Internal Medicine III (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Christian Hugo) is the diagnosis and treatment of renal diseases and hypertension. The Division of Nephrology offers vast research possibilities with national and international collaborations. The research efforts include a wide variety of basic research, but also patient-based clinical research.
The laboratory for Experimental Nephrology in the Division of Nephrology, Medical Clinic III at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus at the Technische Universität Dresden has an open position for
Predoctoral Fellow/PhD student (f/m/x)
This part-Time-Position is limited for 12 months.
The focus of our group is on regenerative mechanisms in the kidney with respect to molecular and cellular interactions of resident and extrinsic cells. By creating a triple transgenic mouse model, we have identified the renin producing cells as an important precursor cell type for glomerular regeneration after injury (Starke et al, 2015, doi: 10.1681/ASN.2014030265; Hickmann et al. 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.kint.2017.04.014 ). For more information please have a look at our homepage.
The aim of the PhD project is to investigate the central reparative mechanisms of renin-producing cells during glomerular injury and regeneration. Within the project, the candidate will establish a nanoparticle based mesangial injury model to investigate the role of inflammatory processes during regeneration. The candidate will perform and analyze animal experiments using a broad range of methods from microscopy, immunology, molecular and cellular biology.
You are finishing your Master/Diploma – or equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, biomedicine or closely related subject
You are familiar with IHC, cell culture, PCR and immunofluorescence. Ideally, the candidate holds a certificate according the EU directive 2010/63 Function A, D (former FELASA, category B) or equivalent.
You are a great team worker and you can effectively communicate in English. Knowledge of German is a plus.
You enjoy studying fundamental questions in biology. You can work independently and diligently and enjoy innovation.
- An interesting research field with an excellent basic research scientific campus including the Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden (CRTD), the Medical Faculty, the BIOTEC and the Max-Planck Institute for Cell Biology and Genetics in close neighbourhood to the historic city of Dresden.
- Realization of own ideas and employment in an innovative interdisciplinary Team
- Arranging for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- Using our internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health Center
- Taking part in job-oriented educational course in our Carus Akademie
- Providing for the future in the form of a company pension plan
- A Position according to the TV-L 13 (50%) conditions
A detailed CV (with publications, if available), cover letter and two references should be provided. Application of women is appreciated. Disabled persons with equal qualification will be preferred.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via our online form to make the selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also consider your written application without any disadvantages. We look forward to receiving your application, until July, 31st 2021 online with Registration number MK30921589. For further Information please contact Susanne Dollfus by telephone 0351-458-4233 or by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org