The main focus of the Division of Nephrology of the Department of Internal Medicine III (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Christian Hugo) is the diagnosis and treatment of renal diseases and hypertension. Nephrology is a division with a lot of research possibilities with national and international collaborations and includes a wide variety of basic and patient-based clinical research. Hereby, we aim to offer medical treatments to our patients which is always based on the latest evidence and to develop innovative therapies by our clinical and translational studies.
The Experimental Lab of the Division of Nephrology, Medical Clinic III at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus in Dresden has a vacant position for
Predoctoral Fellow/PhD student (f/m/x)
This part-time-Position is limited for 12 monts.
The aim of this PhD project is to investigate the central reparative mechanism of Renin lineage cells during glomerular injury and regeneration. Hereby, you will test/investigate different glomerular injury models to maximize injury and regeneration. Part of the study is investigating diverse gene deficient models as well as the use of a well-established 2-Photone intravital microscopy setup to identify, track and characterise Renin positive stem and progenitor cells and there niches participating in the regeneration of the kidney. Your tasks involve, e.g., intravital microscopy, 3d data analysis of microscopy data and staining of thick slices, FACS, cell sorting, transcriptome and proteome analysis. You will perform and analyze experiments and apply a broad range of methods from microscopy, immunology, molecular and cellular biology. In addition IHC, in situ hybridization, as well as cell culture assays will be techniques (all of which are established within the group) being used in this thesis/project at the highest possible level.
- You have or you almost finished your Master/Diplom – or equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, biomedicine or closely related subject.
- You are interested in novel microscopy techniques for example intravital two-photone microscopy as well data and statistical analysis preferably using programming languages R. We have a competent team that will introduce you to all techniques.
- You are familiar with performing assays like IHC, cell culture, PCR and immunofluorescence. Preferably, you have already a FELASA B certificate.
- You are a great team worker and you can effectively communicate in English. Knowledge of German is a plus.
- You enjoy studying fundamental questions in biology. You can work independently and diligently and enjoy innovation.
- An interesting research field with an excellent basic research scientific campus including the Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden (CRTD), the Medical Faculty, the BIOTEC and the Max-Planck Institute for Cell Biology and Genetics in close neighbourhood to the historic city of Dresden.
- Realization of own ideas and employment in an innovative interdisciplinary Team
- Arranging for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- Using our internal prevention program including courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health Center
- Taking part in job-oriented educational course in our Carus Akademie
- Providing for the future in the form of a company pension plan
- A Position according to the TV-L conditions
A detailed CV (with publications, if available), cover letter and two references should be provided. Application of women is appreciated. Disabled persons with equal qualification will be preferred.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via our online form to make the selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also consider your written application without any disadvantages. We look forward to receiving your application, until April, 09th 2021 online with Registration number MK30921474. For further Information please contact Susanne Dollfus by telephone 0351-458-4233 or by E-Mail: email@example.com
Please apply online.